Friday 1 September 2017

Back in the Game

In the past couple of weeks God has done some amazing changes in me on a heart level. I believe these changes are to prepare me for my new role as the new drop in centre director. 

I have already talked with many new people interested to volunteer, including 3 personal interviews &  looking forward to another early next week. I am still praying for wisdom as to who of these people will be the right people to serve on our team & will be good for the people in the community surrounding the centre.

This Wednesday 2 of the old staff & I will close the centre once the evening activities have completed. I will bless the 2 staff as they move on to other ministries that they feel God has directed them to volunteer. The drop in centre will be closed for a while as I pray, find & develop a team of volunteers that have a heart (strong desire) for poor children, believe in the vision I believe God has for the centre & will work well together. 

I truly believe that the drop in centre closing for a period is a great thing. I believe it will bring closure to everyone that attended/served before & prepare them for the new drop in centre. Though we will use the same building most things will change. Closure is needed for change to take place & an anticipation for the future.

Last week Teresa's arm nerve pain returned with no apparent reason. Two days ago the pain was so strong that she could not move her arm & it was difficult for her not be be focused on the pain. Yesterday she was able to move her arm to do things, but it was painful. Also this week my sleep has started being messed up again. For over 5 months my sleep has been wonderful, but this week things have changed. Right now as I am typing this message it is 4:05am. It is not from stress. I have had Spiritual breakthroughs since returning back home (Thailand) where I trust God with all things that are not in my control. Not like before. I am in a constant place of peace now not stressed at all. Even with my lack of sleep thus far stress does not rise up in me like 6 months to a year ago.

This week for the first time in years (5 or more) I had the most vivid nightmare of me being physically tortured my people. When I woke up, my day started at 11:40pm & finally fell back asleep for an hour before being woken by my alarm at 6:30am. This was the night before I went into the drop in centre to pray for the community. As soon as I open the door of the centre, in the middle of the room I saw a venomous snake dead with it's head gone. I saw the dead snake as a sign & walked by it as I prayed in all the rooms of the drop in centre. 

Our children are doing well now that school has started. I know that things will come there way that will be a challenge for them & they will need more prayer. 

Please pray for any or all of the things I have mentioned above. We are so thankful for people that pray for us as we live & serve people here in Thailand.