Monday 5 March 2018

Wanting to Help

I usually come hours early to the drop in centre to mop, clean & prepare for opening. The adults smile when they see me & the kids beg me to let them in. The boys want to help me mop, clean & prepare for opening. I have found out that they want to help because they like it & want to have a few extra minutes with me before the other 10's of kids come. I am always a little saddened to have to tell them that they cannot come in because another leader needs to be present, but know it is a great thing for everyone to have these boundaries. These boys do not have a father around & want to experience a kind loving dad. This is the role many have given me at the centre, "a father to the fatherless."

We had 3 mothers stop by to be part of the children's activities. It's nice to be able to make connections & know the kids parents/guardians & siblings.

Also the kids took us (me & a Thai female who helps once a week) to see their homes & visit their families. One of the boy's father was happy to see us & shared that he is a Christian & his wife was not. He welcomed us to come again in the future & hope to be able to do so.