Tuesday 3 April 2018

A Prayer for Healing

Hi Everyone. I want to give a little info about the drop in centre. Great news was that last Sunday evening I was very sick & not able to open the drop in centre. But, my female staff & a Thai Christian volunteer was able to open the centre & be there for the kids. 

The challenges we are facing is that one of the old lady's in the community that lives next to our drop has chronic headaches & is yelling at the kids if they are any louder than a quiet conversation. I have talked to her when the drop in has not been open & asked if I could place my hand near her head & pray for her. First she looked at me what looked with some sadness saying "no thank-you." But weeks later I asked again when we were having a nice normal conversation & she said no in frustration. Please join with me in praying that Jesus would heal this lady's chronic headaches. 

Also we are approaching the Thai New Year, Songkran the "Thai Water Festival." This means that many of the kids are not able to come when we are opened because they have to help their parents make products to sell at the many Thai markets. Many of the kids parents have small stalls selling to the tourists & only have free labour, their kids. Reality of a poor family trying to make a living.  

I also have my foreign female staff leaving for 3 months & thankfully have a new temporary foreign female staff coming for 3 months. Please pray for that this lady would be a good team member & the transition for the kids would be smooth.


Please pray for the two Thai volunteers that have been able to work with us off & on for the last month. Please pray that they would be able to volunteer regularly (that their work schedules would not be constantly changing) with us & that we would be able to develop a small working program for the kids.